Wake up Their Brain Cells, No Alarm shall ever ring for this!
Cognito Abacus is an abacus based advanced cognitive skill enhancement program designed for children between ages 6 to 13 years.
Cognitive skills enhanced by Cognito Abacus program are the core skills that a child uses to think, read, learn, remember, reason, and concentrate. Together, these give the child an advantage in the ever-competitive world. Each of these cognitive skills plays an important part in the learning process. That means if even one of these skills is weak, no matter what kind of information is coming your way, grasping, retaining, or using that information is impacted. In fact, most learning struggles are caused by one or more weak cognitive skills.
Cognito Abacus uses a Kinesthetic learning approach and revolves around arithmetic to help children discover the best in them. The qualitative assessment of a child’s progress at our program can be done by the fact that they are able to calculate faster than a Calculator.
.…..thus helping make your child Faster, Smarter & Brighter than ever!
What is Abacus?
An abacus is a manual aid for calculation, that consists of beads that can be moved up and down on a series of rods within a frame. The abacus itself doesn’t calculate; it’s simply a device for helping human mind to calculate by remembering what has been counted.
At Cognito Abacus, we use the Soroban design of Abacus. The Soroban works on the base 10 system or decimal system or the standard HTO (Hundreds, Tens, Ones) concept, like the conventional arithmetic.
How we do it?
While working on abacus, specific finger movements are used involving thumb, index finger and middle finger of the hand which is akin to yogic mudras! Mudras are hand gestures which are performed to channelize body’s energy flow. The brain has five lobes, each responsible with tasks of their own. The fingers are connected to these lobes through neurons. The specific finger movements involved in these gestures help exercise the pre-frontal, post-frontal and parietal lobes of the brain; while using the left and right hand helps synergize the two logical left and right brains.
- Kinaesthetic or Tactile Learning Style. It is a style in which learning takes place by carrying out physical activities, rather than listening to a lecture or watching demonstrations.
- Arithmetic is the basis of teaching and evaluating a child’s performance. This also means language is not a barrier for learning.
- Well-paced and structured curriculum for effective delivery of program. The syllabus has been mapped to certain relevant topics of school’s arithmetic curriculum.
Mudras are hand gestures which are performed to channel body’s energy flow.
Cognito Abacus helps children in channelizing their body’s energy flow due to specific scientific elements imbibed in the flow of performing calculations on abacus. Cognito Abacus combines ancient yogic learning with new age technology advancement. This ensures, result oriented, engaging & fun learning program with immense benefits.
- Gyan Mudra: One such move involves thumb and index finger, which in a way performs Gyan Mudra. Gyan Mudra is the most used mudra while using abacus. Gyan mudra is known for improving concentration and sharpening memory.
- Shuni Mudra: Another common move in abacus is performed using the middle finger and the thumb, forming the Shuni Mudra. Shuni Mudra is known for improving attention, alertness and sensory powers.